Senior Boys - Game Rules
- Games will consist of four (8) minute quarters, running time, unless there is a delay in the game or injury, whereas the clock should stop. The clock will stop for foul shots. The clock will also stop for foul shots and referee whistles in the last minute of the game. For OT (in the playoffs), same rule will apply - running time in OT except the last minute, where the clock stops for foul shots and all referee whistles.
- At the 4 minute mark of every quarter, ALL players on the bench must enter the game and play the remaining 4 minutes of that quarter. ALL kids MUST play at least ONE-HALF of EVERY QUARTER. Coaches should try to distribute the playing time equally among all his players. You cannot substitute players in the first (4) minutes of a quarter and you cannot substitute for a person in the second half of a quarter unless the player being substituted for played the first (4) minutes of that quarter.
- No player is allowed to play more than two (2) consecutive 4-minute segments in a half (unless there are only 5, 6 or 7 players).
- ALL players must sit out at least one 4-minute period EACH HALF (unless there are only 5/6 players). Failure to abide by this rule may result in forfeit and/or game suspension.
- The offense has 8 seconds to advance the ball past half court. The defense can pick up at half court. In the last minute of the game, the defense can press full court.
- Each team will have (3) timeouts per game. (1) timeout per overtime (in the Playoffs).
- No overtimes in the regular season. A tie is a tie. Playoffs will have (2) minute overtimes.
- There will be a post-season Tournament, details to be finalized at the end of the season.
- Lane violation – 3 seconds in the Seniors.
- Seven (7) team fouls in a half will result in a bonus, 1 & 1.
- Ten (10) team fouls will begin the double bonus, resulting in 2 foul shots.
- Three (3) points will be allowed for 3-point shots at Lenape in the Seniors division only
- If your opponent has only 5 players and therefore everyone plays the entire game, then the other team does not have to sit every player for 4 minutes as long as every player plays at least half of every quarter (cannot do this if you have 10 players).
- If a team only has (5) available players and a player commits their 5th (or greater) foul, then the opponent shall shoot 2 technical fouls (any player on the court at that time) plus foul shots if applicable.