Minors Boys - Game Rules
- Teams will be given 12-15 minutes at the beginning of their game hour to review and work with their teams. Games will consist of two 16-minute halves, running time, unless there is a delay in the game or injury, whereas the clock should stop. The clock will also stop for foul shots and referee whistles in the last minute of the game. For OT (in the playoffs), same rule will apply - running time in OT except the last minute, where the clock stops for foul shots and all referee whistles.
- Every four (4) minutes the clock will stop for substitutions. ALL players on the bench must enter the game and play. Coaches should try to distribute the playing time equally among all his players. The only other substitutions can be made for players who have played more than 4 consecutive minutes.
- No player is allowed to play more than two (2) consecutive 4-minute segments in a half (unless there are only 5, 6 or 7 players). If a player plays 8 consecutive minutes to end the first half, they cannot start the second half.
- ALL players must sit out at least one 4-minute period EACH HALF (unless there are only 5/6 players). Failure to abide by this rule may result in forfeit and/or game suspension.
- The defense cannot go higher than the top of the key until the ball passes the top of the key. The offense must advance the ball past half court within 8 seconds and then must advance the ball past the top of the key within 5 seconds. If this does not occur, then the defense shall be awarded the ball. Once the ball has passed the top of the key the defense may defend to the half court line. Full court pressure will not be allowed at any point in the game.
- Each team will have (3) timeouts per game. (1) timeout per overtime (in the Playoffs).
- No overtimes in the regular season. A tie is a tie. Playoffs will have (2) minute overtimes.
- There will be a post-season Tournament, details to be finalized at the end of the season.
- Lane violation – 5 seconds in the Minors.
- Seven (7) team fouls in a half will result in a bonus, 1 & 1.
- Ten (10) team fouls will begin the double bonus, resulting in 2 foul shots.
- If your opponent has only 5 players and therefore everyone plays the entire game, then the other team does not have to sit every player for 4 minutes as long as every player plays at least half of every quarter (cannot do this if you have 10 players).
- A player fouls out of the game after committing their 5th personal foul. If a team only has (5) available players and a player commits their 5th (or greater) foul, then the opponent shall shoot 2 technical fouls (any player on the court at that time) plus foul shots if applicable.